Paola Free Library will close early tomorrow at 6:30 p.m. for the fair parade. That means we will shut down computers at 6 p.m. Everyone enjoy the parade!
All logs/bingos are due on August 3rd!
- Our last outdoor movie, “The Game Plan”, is this Friday, July 15th at Wallace Park at 8:45 p.m. If it rains out, we will show it inside the library.
- Artist Kyle Tiernan will be visiting us Tuesday, July 19th at the Community Center at 10:30 a.m. He will teach us his drawing techniques 🙂 This program is recommended for K-5th graders.
- On Tuesday, July 26th we’ll meet up at Lake Miola by the swimming area at 10:30 a.m. for our Family Field trip! We’ll walk the Paola Pathways trail and have a scavenger hunt and picnic 🙂 Bring a sack lunch (sunscreen and bug spray are recommended as well). We’ll have water and coolers for everyone to store their lunches in.
- Our last summer toddler program is Tuesday, August 2nd at the library at 10 a.m. It will be Toddler Yoga! Preschoolers enjoy this program, too!
- Our Summer Reading Pool Parties will be on Friday, August 5th and Saturday, August 6th at 8 p.m. Please call us and RSVP if you can. These parties are for summer readers who have met their goal and their families. We will announce our top readers and hold our drawings Friday night, but you do not have to be present to win.
We hope to see you before the summer ends!
Register now and pick up your bags or packets starting May 21st. See flyers below.
Youth Registration: http://www.paolalibrary.org/children-2/summer-reading-registration/
Adult Registration: http://www.paolalibrary.org/adults/summer-reading-registration/
Make sure to check out our newly updated “New Titles” page on this site (link above). We will update it every month 🙂
Here’s your reading challenge for 2016!
__ a horror book
__ a non-fiction science book
__ a collection of essays
__ read a book aloud to someone else or use sign language to tell a story
__ a biography (not a memoir or autobiography)
__ a book originally published in the decade you turned 16
__ a book under 100 pages
__ a book that takes place before 1901
__ a book that takes place after 2001
__ a book with a main character that has a mental illness
__ a book with a main character that has a physical or learning disability
__ a non-fiction travel book
__ a science magazine (any kind of science- physical or social)
__ a book recommended to you by someone you admire
__ a book that teaches you a skill (a language, an art or craft, a recipe..)
__ a book written by someone who lives somewhere besides the USA
__ a book of poetry
__ a famous author’s second book
__ a book that takes place in the state you were born in
__ a book that takes place somewhere you’ve never been
__ a book you normally wouldn’t read based on it’s title, cover or author
__ a mystery
__ a book that is commonly banned from school curriculums
__ a Pulitzer Prize-winning book